||M.Sc. in Civil and Transportation Engineering (2007), Department of Civil Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh
B.Sc. in Civil Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering (2004), Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Instructor Class ‘B’/ Assistant Prof, (2005 – 2009) Dept of CE,MIST
- Instructor Class ‘A’/Associate Prof, (2014 – Nov 2015) Dept of CE,MIST MIST
- Senior Instructor, (2016- Till date) Dept of CEWCE,MIST
Course Offered (undergraduate- BSc in CE & CEWCE)
Civil Engineering Drawing, Concrete technology
Pavement Design, Project planning and Management
Structural Analysis, Structural Design, Tall building Analysis
- Conference/Abstract: Islam md kabir, ali sk sekander. (2015). “Feasibility study for parking efficient design of mid-rise RC frame building”, First international conference on Advance in Civil Infrastructure and Construction Materials (CICM). (Abstract Published 14 Dec. 2015).
- Islam, M.K. and and Hoque M.S. (2008). “ICT Enabled Admission System – A means to Reduce Travel Demand”, International conference and Workshop on Sustainable Transport in Developing Countries (STDC2008), BUET.
- M. K. Islam, N. A. Kibriya, M. M. Dustegir, “Impact of Sand Dredging from Alluvial Tidal River” Riverflow-2018, Lyon-Villeurbanne, France.
- Islam, Major Md. Kabirul; Hoque, Md. Shamsul. (2009). “Integration of telecommunication in passport making process- a pseudo means to reduce travel demand and other sufferings”. MIST Journal, MIST; Vol. 1, No. 1.
- Islam, Dustegir, Rahman & Rahman, “Changes in planform and meander bends of rivers in southern estuarine region of Bangladesh and its implications on development project”, Global Science and Technology Journal, Vol. 6 No. 1. March 2018 Issue. Pp. 17-26
- Design, Construction, rehabilitation and maintenance of many engineering works mainly roads, culverts, retaining wall and embankments in Bangladesh and abroad (in Angola and D R Congo) particularly in hilly region.
- Supervision of construction and design work for cantonment installation including residential building. Repair and maintenance of river bank protection work. Preparation of master plan and feasibility study for cantonments.